The cost of installing a solar power system depends on what you want from your household solar system, for example:
- You want a power back up for when there is load shedding
- You want a power system to help reduce your power bill
Also, the size of your house and the power requirements of the appliances you use will also be factors in deciding what is the right home solar system for you – and how much it will cost.
Photovoltaic solar panels (PV) systems work when the panels cells convert sunlight into electricity as a direct current – known as the photovoltaic effect. The sun photons land on the panels semi-conductor material and the energy is absorbed into the cell, dislodging electrons from the materials’ atoms – creating an electrical current.
A solar power system consists of:
- House solar panels: Several connected solar panels provide higher power outputs for the system.
- Solar storage batteries: Electricity generated from the solar panels is then stored within the solar storage batteries.
- Charge controller/ regulator: To prevent overcharging, the charge controller regulates the charge to prevent damage to the batteries.
- Home inverter: An inverter converts the direct current (DC) from the solar panels into alternating current (AC), which more appliances use.
This is very dependent on the type of solar power system you want to implement at your business premise, as well as the amount of roof space on hand.
A commercial solar power system will be designed according to the needs and goals for your business.
Get in touch today and talk to one of our sales consultants for a quote.
There are three main types of solar panel systems you can implement in your business:
Grid-Tied Solar Power System
Your grid connected solar system is still connected to the municipal grid and runs off sunlight without storage batteries. When there is no sunlight on the panel, your system will revert back to using municipal power.
Off Grid Solar Power System
This system is designed to work off the grid, independently from your electricity supplier. It is advisable with standalone solar power systems to have solar batteries installed to store electrical energy and used when there is no direct sunlight on the solar panels.
Solar Hybrid Systems
In this hybrid system, the solar panels will produce energy during the day for some or all of your needs and revert back to using the grid during the night. Added batteries give you backup power for power outages during the daytime.
Solar Power Experts – Not your Average Solar Power Company
We have been offering solar power solutions since 2018. Sustainability of businesses and households is core to our approach.
We provide a premium level of reliable solar power products and installations. Our customers are important to us therefore customers satisfaction is part of our DNA.
We customize solar system solutions that enables our customers to be more energy efficient.